Monday 28 February 2005

Monday oh Monday.

I AM KNACKERED! I had the madest weekend ever, and now I am glad that life is back to normal. Nothing Major just house guests, children and so on.



There was however a particularly exciting moment in my weekend which was when my Friend commissioned me to design her a shrug to go with a beautiful dress that she is wearing to an awards ceremony. Being the person that I am, I couldn't resist the challenge. what makes it even more exciting is that it needs to be made by march the 21st. Note here, I've never actually designed anything for anyone before, the majority of my jumpers are pieces of guess work. Added to this I need to make it on my knitting machine because the yarn is so fine it is impossible to knit by hand. Lets add just a little more pressure, I've never actually made a jumper successfully on my knitting machine yet. I believe her words were "I feel that you need pushing".



Luckily last week I was reading a book about designing jumpers so my fear of sizing has gone out the window, and Saturday afternoon I finally overcame my fear of my pattern thing on my knitting machine, and after a long excruciating afternoon I sussed it. However I still need to make the pattern, dye the mohair, and the fur trims and lace to match. And knit the thing with no mistakes, holes, dropped stitches.  So I believe that my updates will chart my progress of what feels like the hardest thing I've ever had to make.



How exciting!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment