Sunday 10 July 2005

Holiday Knitting.

So here is what I knit whilst lounging by the pool:



I don't normally knit to patterns, but I really wanted to get my head around some more lace and how to properly inset beads into knitting. Surprisingly it's not too hard, however it does take allot of concentration, especially with an 18 month old trying to distract you! I really don't know how mothers get any knitting done!



This is a pattern from a rowan book called Classic Holiday, book three. The pattern is called 'Sundae'. This is the back piece nearly finished:



Knitting_003



It's kitted in Cashsoft four ply, which is so soft and very nice to knit with, however it does tend to pile especially after a number of froggings!



The second thing is my one skein wonder in my hand spun featured about two posts ago, because it is a singles yarn it does tend to have a  mind of it's own, one sleeve is slightly smaller than the other so I need to crochet a small bit in to make it bigger, I am very pleased with it, one it has been washed and blocked it should be wonderful to wear on a summer evening.



Knitting_009



Can you see the slight changes in colours all the way through?



Finally  here is a four skein wonder in Noro, I took the original design and am going to add sleeves and have made the back longer, you can't really tell from the picture though, but I'll post another picture when it is finished. I do not like the colour of this yarn, it looked totally different in the ball.



Knitting_005





I'll add some pictures of Grenada when later.





No comments:

Post a Comment