Thursday 29 December 2005

Happy holidays.

Well, I've had a really great Christmas, lots of knitting and not allot of anything else! Got to be good.



I got a couple of great knitting presents, a lovely knitting pattern calendar from Marie, And from Anth I got Lantern moon needles, a novelty tape measure with a fluffy end, and a knitting magazine, OH, and two Kaffe Fasset books! How sweet is that?Yarn_colourways_035  I tried the lantern moon needles with some tussah silk I had left over from the shop. They are dreamy to knit with, so comfortable! I'll think I'll be collecting these.



The next picture I just have to show you because it's Sage being cute on Christmas morning, messing about in the packaging!



Yarn_colourways_019



And finally my Noro cardigan! I'm very pleased with this, and here's why:



A couple of months ago, I had my colours done, because I often buy clothes and wool in colours I love, and then I am really disappointed when I knit them because the don't look right on me. So after much hit and miss, I had my colours done and I'm an autumn.



So in-line with the diagnosis I started buying clothes in those colours, and quell suprise they look great! Then I visited Getknitted before Christmas to get my Christmas noro project, and saw the wool, I was a little apprehensive because I wouldn't normally buy those particular colours but they were my colours! So I took a chance and made the cardigan. And weirdly I will wear it allot, because it just suits me! I can't believe I've been getting it wrong all this time. I also took a look in my UFO box and realized that all the things I haven't finished are jumpers which are not my colours.



Anyone got any thoughts on this?



The cardigan is knitted in Noro silver thaw, I had to completely adapt the pattern because it was written for silk garden, and it's SIlver thaw is a very different guage, but thankfully it fits great .



Anyway here is the cardigan:



Yarn_colourways_022





No comments:

Post a Comment