Wednesday 16 May 2007

Wonderwool, wonderwool, wonderwool

Man, I am so excited about wonderwool, I am not too sure what to expect, I think it might be a little different to woolfest, but the waiting is just killing me. I am not obviously going to buy much, but what I really really want is some carded fyber blends to spin my self something like a stripey cardigan. Or at least some fybers I can blend myself, I have a tonne of fybers, but I love to have something that someone else has dyed.



I promise to take lots of pics for mondays posting. Please come and say hello to me on the stand. :-)



I ate some of the haloumi by the way, the texture is excellent, a little less rubbery than shop bought Halloumi, but it needs more of a bite, I think I might try it with sheeps or goats milk, but I need to find out what my favourite brand is made with. Hmm trying to emulate noro got me into dyeing and spinning and the result was fybersaptes, lets hope thats this cheese lark doesn't turn out to be anything more than a passing obsession, saying that I don't really have passing obsessions, just a list of obsessions that keep growing!



I can't remember if I blogged about this or not, but I got some funding for a student to work for me over the summer on the knitting project, not quite sure how that happened, seeing as lots of 'big wigs' applied as well, and didn't get it, I guess that its just meant to happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment