Tuesday 16 October 2007

Alexandra Palace knitting and stitching show 2007.

What can I say? It was amazing! I had so much wonderful fun, chatting to such lovely people, I never ever get tired of chatting away to customers, seeing their wonderful projects, and just enjoying their pleasure at being in such an inspiring place. The knitting and stitching show is just magical, you drive up to the show amongst the beautiful autumn trees, and potential of all the beautiful yarns and projects, its just perfect. Thankfully I was feeling autumny in my last dyeing session so there was a tonne of autumny colours.



I met so many people, I would love  to list them all, but I'll be here for ages. The other thing I love is the friendships between stall holders, ever though many of us are sort of competitors, it never feels that way, we chat, help each other and do lots of lovely swapsies!! he he. Oh by the way, just wanted to say thanks to my little helper, you were a star, especially looking after me so well!!!!



OK, so you wanted to see my hair so I'll show you with a pic of my stand, which I have to say was unbelievably tiny, people were fighting to get in, so I'll have a bigger one next time, lol.



Allypally_008



I changed my stand around about 4 thousand times, I think this was the first way around, lol. Lots of people didn't recognise me which was hilarious, I do look a little different, I need to change my photo on my blog now!



I did accidently make a couple of purchases, especially when I saw that cherry tree hill had 20% off on the last day, I bought a skein of sock yarn in colours I wouldn't normally go for, I need to challenge my knitting with different colours:



Allypally_017



Then I went to check out Socktopus and accidently purchased a scrummy skein of fleece artist, totally in my fav colours, I had to start it immediately:



Allypally_016



OK, so what else do I have for you today?



Well, shop will be updated again later with all the treats, plus we have a tonne of new brooches, some of which I don't think will get in the shop, seeing as Carmen is trying them all on with her outfits!



Oh I have to post this photo, when we were getting all the stock ready we had rather alot of wool everywhere, Guapita decided that she had to find somewhere safe to sit seeing as there was no carpet, and she might get packed in a box!



Allypally_001_2



7 comments:

  1. It was so great to meet you! I LOVE the silk hankies! I'm so scared to spin them in case I ruin them, but I'm also dying to start becaus they're so beautiful!
    Are they something you'll have in your shop in future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure to look after you !!
    Lovely to meet and chat with so many nice customers , my fav part of the shows
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun. I like the new hair - very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Autumn hair! I didn't get a chance to go this year but have been scouring blogs to see what I missed ;( Definitely next year though. Neil did offer to take me on the Friday but the thought of him waiting in the car park drumming his fingers on the steering wheel wouldn't leave my mind (I couldn't possibly have brought him in with me....he'd see his credit cards smoulder!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! And the stand looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you come by the stall? I can't believe I didn't realise it was you!!! Was I there?
    Anyways - it was fabulous to meet you at your stall, and look forward to seeing you again soon! (Stitch & Bitch?)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hair but not sure I would have recognised you!

    ReplyDelete