Wednesday 13 February 2008

PERU and reflection

Its booked, the trip is actually booked. You know when you can't actually believe it, so your head is gearing up to be excited, but you are still in denial? Well thats me. I am a little shell shocked to be honest, I am going to Peru for 10 days to research my yarns and do business things, as well as going to see Machu Piccu and the Alpaca's. GULP!



I decided that this year was going to be the best seeing as it was my 30th year in this world, and up until the last 2 years of my life, I have done things which I have always thought I 'should' do rather than what I actually want to do, and chase options which I thought would validate me, and then when they didn't, I stopped, and decided to be true to myself.



My friend Philip always says life is like a big massive tanker ship, which if you want to turn around to go in another direction, you have to switch of the engines, and then the motion still keeps it moving for ages in the wrong direction, and that's a bit like life, if you want to make massive changes, sometimes it feels like things take so long, and of course all the causes/choices you have made in your life up until now are still having their effects, so sometimes slowing that tanker down and turning it around can take a really long time and a hell of alot of effort. It feels like its taken two years to turn my tanker around, but my goodness its turning now, lol!!!



I was chatting to A friend last night who is supporting someone who is dyeing of cancer, and the change in that friend is phenomenal. Because he is around someone who is dyeing he has realised how precious life is, and has decided that he is going to live his life with joy in every moment. I cannot even begin to tell you what a change that is for him, he was just shining. I was so inspired by this, so I suppose its why I am feeling reflective today.



Anyway I am a little shell shocked by my new life, lol, but I am going to make sure this is the best year of my life so far, and I hope you all don't mind me sharing it with you.



xx



2 comments:

  1. Jeni, it is great to hear about your new life, and to travgel along with you through your blog. You GO girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an absolute pleasure to hear and share! Until I can get myself there, I'll have to settle for good old Dorset alpacas ;)

    ReplyDelete