Monday 3 March 2008

So many things to write about......

OK, so I didn't get a chance to blog on Friday so I have to do it all at once now....



Lets start with the tagine, I am going to cook Moroccan Lamb in my new tagine, using the recipe that Tracy suggested, I am going to test it out on my guitar teacher on wed eve, he teaches me guitar in return for tasty food, which is a good deal don't you think? That does mean I might have to drag myself to evil Waitrose, *sigh* well never mind, life is so hard.



This is for Cairi because she wanted to know what the tagine was.....



So here is the tagine:



Fyberspates_hand_dyed_yarn_286_2



Then seeing as it was st Davids day on Saturday I made welsh cakes on my griddle, they were melt in the mouth and just the scrummiest ever, if you would like the recipe, leave a comment and I'll post it up here, they are megga easy.......



Fyberspates_hand_dyed_yarn_282



Hmm, then Saturday night was a night of Spanish wonderfulness, Carmella's dad taught me to cook vege paella, and it was so much fun, we all got drunk and ate tonnes and it was really super duper.



Then yesterday we spent the day painting the kitchen, I went in the end for a creamy white colour, its looking amazing, it goes with the existing tiles and work tops so no major changes needed, and its nearly finished so I will take a pic later, I am off later this afternoon in search of handles for the cupboards, but I am chuffed to bits with it, the house is starting to look really gorgeous and rather quaint, lol, not what most people would expect of me, but I am in Carmella's words, very 'mouse' .



Did anyone see the 'tropic of capricorn' last night on BBC2? Did you see the Vicunas? I was megga excited because I actually have some vicuna fleece, only a couple of ounces, but I am saving it for when I get my new spinning wheel...........



Oh and I decided, I read yet another article on 'green' yarn in a mag the other day, and I wasn't particularly impressed, especially as some of it was stretching the boundaries just a little bit too much so instead I was thinking about writing an article/extended post, perhaps once a month on yarn and ecology, would anyone be interested in reading it if I did, it would take quite alot of prep and research so I need to know people want to read it, but at least I'll just say it how I see it.



5 comments:

  1. You don't have to do the W word if you don't want to...I used what I had in the cupboard (the lamb stock was made from a cube, Harissa you can get from anywhere these days, health food shops included, I always have dried apricots as they're a tasty snack, the lamb comes from my butcher, and I buy whatever cut is cheapest and as for the tomatoes, any tinned does for me) Don't forget it does serve loads especially with the cous cous. Your guitar teacher will be suitably impressed I think especially dong it in your tagine (I still want one and even more so now I've seen yours, much prettier than my boring old slow cooker!)
    And yes please put up your welsh cakes recipe, I have teenage boys with hollow legs.
    I'm always interested to read what you have to say about yarn etc but don't make yourself overloaded by it all. You write when and what you want.
    Enjoy your lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking for the recipe for the Welsh tea cakes! I love to cook too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be really interested in what you have to say about ethics of yarn production/ecology. I've seen you mention this in a couple of places but it seems as if you can't quite say exactly what you'd like to say. Which always leaves me a bit intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely interested in what you have to say about ethical and ecological fibre usage/manufacture. You are right a lot of stuff is written that says nothing much and I feel I trust you as a source and would be happier acting on information Iet from you than anywhere else. Oh and yes I am lazy so it is grea of you to do all the brainaching research - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LUVE the welsh cakes recepie please ( can't spell recipie) I also love to cook. The tagine looks very authentic hope you have lots of fun with it.
    I would love to knit with hemp, or organic cotton or wool. So if you have time I would love to read about eco-friendly stuff, so please put me down on your list. Ta muchly!

    ReplyDelete