Thursday 10 July 2008

Baked apples with Blackberries and chantily cream

Yeah, well seeing as I am not eating bread, it sort of makes you less lazy, well not less lazy, but you can't snack on things, no toast, no pizza, no sandwiches, so you are sort of left with having to cook, which is actually the best ever for me anyway!



So there were punnets of blackberries in Evil for 25p reduced. So I bought 12 punnets, well you can never really have enough berries can you? and it makes a good start to my detox, so I made some baked apples, and really on a scale of 1 - 10, these came out about 100, they were gorgeous!!!!



So you need a few apples, (1 per person)
about a big handful of blackberries per apple,
a dash of sweetwine,
some icing sugar and
Chantily cream to serve (also from Evil)



Core apples,  stuff a few black berries in the core space for good measure, pop in baking tray, and put rest of berries around apples,  dust  a good amount of  icing sugar on top of everything, and the get some sweet wine ( I used vina santo) and dash it on, and bake in preheated oven 180, for about 40 minutes.



Serve with a tablespoon of chantily cream, I'm telling you, its fruity heaven.



......and where is the pic? there isn't one, because I ate the whole lot!!!!



XXX



2 comments:

  1. Hmmm 12 punnets of blackberries, not all inside those apples I hope (if so I hope you bought plenty of Evil's loo roll ;)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baked apples with fruit in, must check out Evils and see if they have any. Asda had very large punnets of strawbs for £1 the darker colour ones with more flavour

    ReplyDelete