Tuesday 7 July 2009

Going to see dream unit

Thanks for the response on the test knitting, I am well chuffed :) might just get that book knitted after all ;)

So on Friday I went to see lots of units, none if which were completely right for some reason or other, but there was one which my dad took me to, which was a proper industrial unit, it was on a really nice complex, lots of other businesses, mainly engineering type businesses but hey, I spose what I do is manufacturing of sorts. The unit was amazing it even had proper ventilation system, which I am starting to realise is an absolute must for a dyeing business, hence why I always dye outside in all weathers, I read all over the place on the internet about how dyes are not harmful, but that kind of stuff is written by very lazy people who will eventually regret a lax approach I guarantee you. A ventilation system is something I have been dreaming about for a very long time.

In addition it was lovely and light, and I guess about 1200 square meters, slightly less space than I wanted, however, it had a great feeling to it. I dismissed it straight away because I thought there was no way I would be able to afford it. Then yesterday I got an email with a quote for the space, it was right on my budget!!! I was absolutely shocked. So I am going back this afternoon to have another reki and check its got water etc etc, and last night, I was browsing the internet for workshop inspiration. Now, yes it is industrial, but I want to make it gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, I don't see why it can't both???

So here are some websites which got my juices flowing

decor design this website has some ideas for office space/craft space

This magazine looks awesome, I need to subscribe

I trawled through flikr and favourited these

I am feeling very excited!!!!

xx



2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new unit. I'm sure you will get it looking ace! xxx

    ReplyDelete