Tuesday 1 September 2009

Wow!!! Fyberspates Bunting, thanks so much folks.

Apparently a little while ago a certain lovely freind Karen organised a secret KAL for a fyberspates knitted bunting, and it was made for my new Unit, clearly I had no idea, she kept saying, I can't wait to give you your moving in present, and well, although I was intrigued, I never really think about presents too much, lol.

Anyway it turns out she rallied lots of you guys to knit little triangles in my yarn for this amazing bunting, got it shipped from all over the world and threaded it up ready for her visit on Friday.

To tell the truth when I opened it, I was completely gobsmacked, I think because I am one of those people who would rather something home made than something bought from a shop, because I relish the effort made. I think for the first time in a very long time I was speechless, and actually I didn't really know how to deal with it; that customers/freinds, alot of who I have never met, knit triangles for me, for my bunting. I did actually manage not to cry, although really I felt like it, because I felt so overwhelmed.

I want to say thankyou, thankyou so so much if you contributed, you have no idea how much it means to me. When I hung it up on sat in the unit, I felt choked, it was a bit like crowning this special space which I know in my gutts is going to be very special, alot of special things are going to happen, I just know it.

If you are coming to the openday you will get to see it, I also have a seperate one with 'fyberspates' on it, - a letter on each triangle, and this will come to EVERY show with me from now on, so if you are going to IKNIT, you will see it.

I have never had anything like this before, so everytime I look at it, I feel so happy, a little bit connected to my lovely customers who I consider my freinds.

Thanks loads and loads and loads, if you want to see much better  pics (its not very easy to get the light right in here)  than are here you can read Karens blog, thanks karen for organising it, you are a sweetheart.

P1010076 

P1010078 

P1010081



No comments:

Post a Comment