Wednesday 1 September 2010

Life cycles

Does anyone else notice that life seems to go in cycles or kind of era's?

I went to Cardiff on the weekend on the Way to St Abbs Woolfestival, and stayed with Sole (princi) and I had forgotten how much I love talking to like minded people.  She is going back to Spain :( and we realised that its kind of the end of 5 years of an amazing time together, its really strange to think of all the things changing, but what I realised is that when you change people either come with you, or they disappear. Princi, Carmen and I, always seem to have changes at the same time, I think our friendships are a bit mystic). The people that match your life come with you, and the people that stay in the same place sometimes get left behind, I don't mean in a physical sense if that makes sense.

I notice at the moment that I am being alot more assertive with people around me, not in a horrible way, but kind of not putting up with behavior which causes me stress or anguish. This means that some people have just gone, and it actually feels ok. I think what also makes me happy is that some relationships have truly changed into something lovely, even with Anth, we are what I would consider proper friends, that makes me very happy.

I am really looking forward to the next 5 years, I think there is alot of excitement to be had and wonderful things, and now Princi is going back to Spain, I think I am going to have to go and visit often, I also am determined to go and see Carmen before the year is out, I miss her so much too....I wonder what it is about me and friends all over the world, strange thing is, despite the fact that they are far away, it never feels like it, and some people who are here with me seem far away, odd isn't it?

I don't think I am wording things quite as eloquently as I would like today but that's whats in my head soo.....

xxxx



2 comments:

  1. Hey, makes perfect sense :-)
    I recently met up with some very old mates I hadn't seen in years and it was like the years inbetween melted away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I regularly chat with my best friend who lives in Hull, the miles just melt and it seems she is just in the next room. Her DH went fishing with his mate so us girls had a Knit night on the phone we chatted and knitted for TWO hours. Boy it was fun.
    Yet when I'm with my friends at home they tend not to chat with me so often. Strange....

    ReplyDelete